Monday 7 May 2007

Stress level... stable.

Things are quiet at work, but I'm still not satisfied that the storm has passed. I've been pretty busy today with a bunch of little things to take care of, from shipping fire extinguishers for re-filling, to reviewing proposed OSH legislation changes for our safety association.

It's amazing at how much you can lower your stress levels by simply not allowing other people to dump their problems on you. I can handle letting someone blow off steam once in a while, but I don't know how social workers handle the daily load.

On the plus side, I only have four more weeks (including this one) until I'm on holidays. This time of year is a fishing trip at a place called Nipawin. We've been going for almost ten years now, and I really look forward to it. No worries about work, no way for anyone to blame me for something gone wrong. Just me, the rod, and the fish.

Jealous yet?

No comments: