Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!

Out with 2008, and in with 2009. While most people like to make resolutions about what they will do in the new year, I prefer to look back at what I managed to complete over the past year. Seeing as only 12% of resolutions actually are completed, this makes more sense to me...

1. I put a new roof on the house. The roof has needed some attention for a few years, but I had to keep putting it off as I couldn't afford it.

2. A new furnace was installed. The old furnace was almost 30 years old, and sucked gas as fast as it could. With rising prices, and the risk of killing all of us in the house with Carbon Monoxide, I made sure to get this done.

3. The basement bathroom and office was completed. This opened up a few hundred feet of living space for us to use. While they need a few last touches (I'm procrastinating), they are usable, and comfortable.

4. I've completely assimilated into the new workplace. My job is enjoyable, and the people I work with are amazing. I only wish I had applied there a couple years ago when the stress levels were peaking at the old job.

5. I had a vacation in Mexico. This is the absolute furthest away from home I have ever been. It was a great time, and whetted my appetite for more travel. Actually, we are currently trying to figure out somewhere to go in the upcoming year. Dominican Republic? Cuba?

6. And finally, but not least: I've managed to keep this blog updated. If anyone knows me, they know I will start a project, get three quarters finished, and lose interest in it. I've been able to keep my interest in this blog going without it feeling like a chore. Hopefully, without making myself any promises, I can get more readers in the new year!

No comments: