Wednesday 28 January 2009

Day of Sleepwalking

The past couple weeks have been tough. I'm just finishing up my month of evening shifts, and now I'm trying to move my sleep schedule back a bit in preperation of going to a day shift. I feel like crap.

All I want to do is go back to sleep, but I can't do that because it will screw up my sleeping schedule tonight. I feel awful because I can't think straight for more than a few minutes at a time, and that pretty much rules out any of the hobbies and things I like to do in my spare time.

Just now I caught myself staring at the computer screen and floating around in La-La land.

Ever since they changed a couple of the priorities at work, the schedules have been screwy. I really hope they figure it out soon. To top it all off, haven't really had more than a single day off at a time for months, aside from Christmas.

We just had some Full time positions come up at work. Seems I wasn't high enough on the seniority pole to get one of them. Now I seem to be the ONLY part time business queue worker in our department. That means I get called for all the crappy shifts too. Yay. I swear if any of the full time workers complain to the manager about a weekend shift they have to work, I'm going to send a blast of shit their way that will make Armageddon look like a play date. What would they prefer? I already work all weekends and evenings. Perhaps another 40 hours a week of overtime so they can sit at home with their family?

I haven't been able to go and see my mother in the hospital for several days now and won't get to for a few more because of this crappy schedule. I'm in a rotten mood, and I almost want one of them to say something so I can unload...

No comments: