Saturday 1 December 2007

Christmas?!



Christmas is coming.

Christmas is coming?

Christmas is coming!

This weekend, I've started to clear out the junk in the storage room, in preparation of converting it to a proper office. One of the things (not junk) that I pulled out was the Christmas tree, and decorations. I believe I will take a short time out from the destruction of my basement to put up the tree and various Christmas stuff.

I generally don't get too excited about Christmas anymore. Over the past few years, I haven't had a lot of "Christmas Spirit", even on the day itself. I guess I've got a bit of Scrooge in me or something. It just doesn't fire me up like it used to. I really enjoy the family and atmosphere, but no excitement.

Winter has finally made itself known, and has set in to stay. I like winter. I like summer. Each has things about it that I enjoy. The thing I do not enjoy is the cold temperatures. The past week has been hovering around -25C with wind chills reaching -33C (that's -28F). Brr. Don't let the picture fool you. We haven't had much snow yet. Just a sprinkle so far.

No comments: