Thursday 20 December 2007

Work, work, work...

I have had a wonderful few days!

First, I pretty much completed my Christmas shopping, with only a few bruises. Those pads I invested in last year really paid off vs. the old ladies out there...

Second, My renovations are looking to be a lot easier than I had thought. We got a scope down the sewer line, and found it is easily accessible behind the furnace, rather than having to chop out a 20 foot section of the floor! Phew.

Thirdly, I found out today that I won a job bid at work for a permanent position. YAY! Not only that, but I'll be getting full time hours next month for 3 weeks for training. I'll be able to set aside enough money to get a new roof in the spring, and maybe be able to eat for a few more weeks!

This boost has definitely given me some of the Christmas spirit. Now, let's see if I can't stamp it out by trying to wrap all these gifts....

No comments: