Saturday 15 December 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad!


It's that time of year again. Dad's birthday falls just the week before Christmas. I'm never sure what to get him. I have an idea this year, but I still have to go and get it.

Unlike my Father, I procrastinate a lot. Dad has always been about getting it done. And as we were discussing the other day while removing the wall in my basement, "If you're going to do it, do it right." On of Dad's pet peeves are people who cut corners and do things half-assed (specially in construction). Nothing ruins a project more than ripping out the crap that some idiot put in there because he was too lazy or cheap to do it correct.

Just as a side note, the walls are almost all down. We had to stop because of two things: a power outage, and lack of room to work. With four people living in the house, and all of our "stuff" (junk) being stored in the basement, we have to work around it all. So when the available work area fills with removed wall pieces and such, we have to take it out to the landfill.

Anyways, Dad's turning 67 today. I'm off to get his birthday gift, and then...perhaps I'll wait a bit to work on the basement.

No comments: