Sunday 25 November 2007

Late Night Shifts...

Yay! The Saskatchewan Roughriders just won the Grey Cup. What a game. I was lucky enough to accept a shift at work today (4:30pm to Midnight), so I got to watch it on the HD tv in the corner of the call centre. It seems that most people were watching the game, as I only got three calls during the entire football game. Then, as they arrived at home and realized the phone wasn't working.. I got lots of calls.

This job is interesting. I speak to all kinds of people. Very few of them are yelling at me, and once the call is over, I can pretty much dismiss it from my mind.

As it's pretty dead in here at the moment, I've decided to update the blog with what's been happening in my life lately.

I have one hour left in my shift tonight, and I'm not quite struggling to stay awake, so if this blog seems to wander, that's why.

Basically, I've started to renovate my basement. With three others and myself living in the house (it is a 4 bedroom) the single bathroom is in high demand. I've always had plans on adding a second one in the basement, but hadn't gotten around to it. Now I am. Along with the bathroom, I'm going to convert a cold storage room to a small office. I can move the computer that are upstairs down there and have all of them together again.

The first roadblock we're got to hurdle is the plumbing. Sewers need to go BELOW the cement floor. That means... JACKHAMMER! That's going to be a loud and messy job. But once it's done, the rest should be easy. Keep your fingers crossed.

I've already bought a shower stall, sink with taps and cabinet, toilet, and various other necessities (like a ventilation fan). So far so good. I'll let you know how the jackhammering goes when were done.

With Christmas coming up, my Mother has asked me what I want. Every year I can't think of anything. I know, sounds stupid, but my mind just goes blank. Same thing on my birthday. Go figure.

I want to throw a Christmas party for my friends, but things seem to be working against me. Everyone isn't available for the same weekend, I have to work, they have to work, or I'm broke. Maybe I'll just forget about it for now.

Speaking of working on holidays, I have to work New Year's Eve. This doesn't bother me in the least, as for the past five years I have pretty much been in bed by 10:00pm on New Year's anyways. I guess about the only holiday I wouldn't want to work is Christmas.

In the relationship department, I'm still single. No dates recently, but with the new job and getting used to shift work again, I'm finding it difficult to schedule anything more than email chatting. Things will settle in after the holidays, and I hope to be out and about a bit more.

No comments: