Sunday 18 November 2007

Movie Review: Beowulf

I was really looking forward to this movie. An all CGI movie, like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, but with a more mythological storyline. Wow.

The movie started out without a hook. It wandered into a bit of an action scene. Then it got intensely BORING. I was bored. If I had rented it and was watching it at home, I would have turned it off. I dragged on for more than another hour, inflicting an urge to fall asleep.

The CGI was intense. At time I couldn't tell it wasn't actually filmed. Other times it was pitifully apparent.

Don't bother going. If you must, rent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beowulf's animation was all around impressive, though the characters' movement reminded me a lot of Shrek. I appreciate the fact that this movie gives a pseudo-education in ancient literature (never had to read the book as a child)