Saturday 8 November 2008

Network Maintenance

My shiny Network Attached Storage is giving me problems. While it seems to be working fine, Vista does not like it.... not in the least! I upgraded to Vista a couple weeks ago, and the system seems to be crawling along at a snail's pace. A couple days ago, the NAS lost it's connection to the network, and BAM! My system started to work much better.

So, I began the long task of removing the files from it and in a few minutes I will be finally disconnecting it for good. It was nice to have, but in the end, I think I'd rather have the drive inside my computer. It's faster, and really... What's the difference?

Wish me luck... and If I happen to fall of the face of the Earth for a while, you'll know it was the evil computer gremlins!

No comments: