Sunday 8 June 2008

Baby Birds...Away!

I managed to get out in between the pouring rain we've been having to get another picture of the baby Robins that we've got living in our fence. They are really big, and glancing out, I'm not sure if some haven't already left the nest.

I didn't dare get too close to the nest, as poor Perse was getting dive bombed by the parents the other day. I think something happened in the neighbor's yard, and she was barking at the fence. She didn't have a clue that the birds are there, but they must have thought she was going after the chicks. Since then, things have quieted down. She stays away from the nest.

Speaking about rain.... Wow. We've gotten a lot in the past few days. It's been nice. Aside from me worrying about the roof leaking (remember, I need some new shingles?), it's been a pleasant few days. I contacted my neighbor and he's willing to go half on the new roof. Now just have to find some roofers who will give me quotes.

I'll see if I can sneak out and grab another couple pictures of the nest in the next day or so.

No comments: