Friday 27 July 2007

Postage due!

I truly feel the cost of sending something through the post office is overly expensive. Let me relate a story to you.

Two weeks ago I sent a money order from where I live to an address in the States. I asked the person behind the counter which way should I send it to ensure it arrives in the next 5-7 days? They assured me that the Xpresspost Intl would be perfect.

Two weeks later, the money order has JUST arrived. The person I was sending it to was, to say the least, a little upset at the tardiness of the long waiting time. So was I.

When I put in a lost package claim a few days ago, I got back an email that it would take UP TO 15 DAYS to reply back to me. Yeah, that's a shining example of the service you can expect from a government postal operation.

Next time, I'm going to send it by UPS or FedEx. At least that way I know it will get there within a reasonable amount of time.

No comments: