Wednesday 23 March 2011

TV Series: InSecurity

I prefer to promote Canadian programming on TV, but some shows are just too terrible to even think about it. The show InSecurity is filmed in Regina. It's received quite a bit of acclaim from critics as well.

I'm sitting here watching the first episode. The only thing preventig me from turning it off is the fact that it is only 22 minutes long. Here is my reasons for NOT liking this show:
  • The jokes are old and overused
  • the acting is over the top.
  • I know its supposed to be a farce, but come on. People are not that stupid.
  • The script is filled with useless lines and interactions that just kill the flow of the show.
If this is the only thing that we can produce, it's no wonder there isn't a lot of good Canadian content on TV right now.  What a stinker. About the only saving grace is one of the main characters is smoking hot.

1 comment:

Sidney Kiribati said...

What? I love that show! I think you're over analyzing it! It's suppose to be a bit campy - it's the shows schtick.