Saturday 9 April 2011

Musings of Overtime

In an effort to get ahead of the game, I've been accepting a lot of overtime. In the past three weeks I've managed to bank away 60 hours of overtime. Some of this will be used to go to my friends' wedding. That will still leave a large portion (almost 40 hours) available for use for another holiday. I don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Do I save it for next year's vacation? Do I cash it out and use it on the house? Do I cash it out and pay some debt? If I cash it out I will loose about 30% of it to taxes. If I save it until next year I'm likely to have a mental break down due to too much working by then.

What to do?

I'd prefer the trip, but have no one to go with until next year. Hmm.. I may have to sit down and consider this a bit more.

Spring is here now, and as soon as the snow is completely gone and the yard is dry I will start my yearly battle with the leaves and grass and stuff. I honestly will be finishing my yard this year. I know I've said that several times, but this time there really isn't much left to do. Gate, gravel and grass. That's it!

 I'm posting this from work, while waiting for calls to come in.. As it is now my lunch, I will sign off and consider my dilemma.

No comments: