Sunday 16 January 2011

Countdown continues...

5 days, 10 hours and 45 minutes....

I've started to make my lists, and get things organized. As I said before, I'm not taking my Android phone with me, but will be taking an iPod Touch and a Kindle for entertainment when I'm not doing any activities. I just started some videos converting so I have something to watch on the plane. When I get sick of that, I can read some "homework" that I will have with me this time. Chance has me writing a comprehension test at work the day I return from vacation, so I want to be able to review on the plane trip back.

My roomates have all told me that Spartacus is an amazing show, so I will be converting most of a season, as well as a couple movies, though I'm not sure which ones yet. As to books, I will be loading the kindle up with some of my 30,000 books that I have in my electronic library. Enough that I can pick and choose from whatever I feel like reading, whether it is sci-fi or fantasy, technical, or historical, I'll have something to read.


It's funny. This time next week, I'll have been there for two days (probably drunk for most of them as well!). I have a building sense of excitement, but it's not like a kid's excitement for Christmas. I believe this is one of the results of getting old. I'm excited for the lack of responsibility, schedule, and having to do anything I don't feel like doing. Want to sleep in? Do it! Feel like a midnight walk on the resort? Go ahead! Eat till you puke? Don't get it in the pool! The only people who will know you will be the ones you go with, and they don't count. No one you see will EVER see you again, so say and do what you like (within the law, of course) with no worries about being embarrassed when you get home.

My one regret... not being able to do this more than once a year!

No comments: