Friday 19 December 2008

System Crash

And here I thought everything was going smoothly...

My server crashed. I tried to log into the server yesterday, and all I got was a white screen. The webpage wasn't responding. When I fired up the monitor and tried to wake it up, all I got was a blank screen. Thinking it just needed to be rebooted, I powered it down and waited for it to come back online.

Surprise! Your motherboard is toast! That or the hard drive failed spectacularly. The computer won't even recognize the drive now. Luckily nothing that was important wasn't stored on another machine.

I was laying in bed thinking of how I could get the webpages up and running again when I had a flash of inspiration: my work account! As I work as a technician for a local telecommunications company, they provide me with my own accounts for the purposes of trouble shooting customers.

All I need to do is upload the information from home, and redirect my domain to point at it, and I should be online again... YAY!

Now... what was the password for that account again.....

No comments: