Thursday 22 May 2008

Big News!

Well, I finally made it down to the bank and spoke to them about using some of the equity in my mortgage. They said yes!

I'm going to replace the furnace first. Man... It's a scary thing. It's a Flamemaster from the 70's. My roommate, who is a plumber, likes to call them
"Crackmasters" because they are well known for randomly cracking the heat exchanger. This is bad. It means the Carbon Monoxide from the furnace flame fills the house and you smother in your sleep. I've always said I would like to die in bed, but that's not quite how I meant it.

I'm also going to get new shingles put on the roof. I live in a duplex, so over the past few days I have been trying to get a hold of the landlord for next door. We really need these shingles done. I was picking up shingles that had blown off during the winter just a few weeks ago. I had made a temporary fix last year, but it's past that now.

Apparently, according to the tenants who are moving out, the landlord next door is a penny-pincher, and will not want to go half on replacing the roof. I spoke to the insurance company, and they said that's fine. Just do my side if that is the case. If his side leaks, they will repair my side and sue him for the costs. I'll give him another couple weeks to respond.

The other news I have to share is..... I AM GOING TO MEXICO THIS FALL! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!

Plans are set, costs are quoted, and the money is there. One whole week, eating, drinking, taking in the sun, drinking, swimming, drinking, looking at the sights, drinking.... Did I mention drinking?

Not to sound like a drunkard, but I told the others my main goal is to be drunk by noon on the first whole day we are there, and keep a pleasant buzz until the last day.... seeing as they won't let me on the plane if I have been drinking.

Today also marks our first Crab-Fest in the household. We've been watching "Deadliest Catch" and every time we see the crab come pouring onto the boat, we start to salivate. We bought a 10 lb box of snow crab legs, and will be feasting on them tonight. Yumm!

I will make sure to have pictures for the blog!

No comments: