Wednesday 27 October 2010

Busy, busy, busy!

I finally got around to updating the blog today!

Actually, I think it's just another form of procrastinating, as I have to go outside and dig out the snowblower, then get it started and move a three foot drift from the driveway onto the grass. Not only that, I then have to go to work early to get my yearly flu shot. Once I come home, I have to set up the second microphone in the studio, test it, and then....

I think you get the picture. It's going to be a busy day, and as any sane person would do, when it snows the first snow I want to hole up and not even look outside!

In other news, next month is NaNoWriMo! Or for those who are thinking I had a bit of a stutter there, National Novel Writing Month. 

"National Novel Writing Month is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to novel writing. Participants begin writing November 1. The goal is to write a 175-page (50,000-word) novel by midnight, November 30."

I do a bit of writing in what little free time I have and have always wanted to  write a novel. I think I'm at the point in my skills that I can plan and write out a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. Basically, you only have to write about 1600 words a day. That's only about three pages a day in the word processor. It'll be a challenge, but I think fun and rewarding in the end.

Well, I think I should go and get started on the work. I've procrastinated a little too long and need to hustle to get back on track for the day!

If you haven't checked it out yet, go to my new podcast website and give it a listen!

No comments: