Saturday 9 January 2010

Technology and you!


I love technology. I could spend an entire day just playing with new techno-gadgets, either hardware or software. I have an pretty good intrinsic grasp of how to operate most of it (except the really new stuff). Let's juts say I'm a self recognized technophile.

The CES (which I think means Consumer Electronics Show) in Las Vegas each year is the place for developers to show off their new and cool stuff. How I wish I could go!

This year, according to the news I've been seeing, the majority of the displays have to do with 3D TV's and smart phones. I'll have to admit, the 3D TV idea is cool, but... (and it's a big but)... Do they really think people will want to sit down and put on a pair of glasses to be able to relax and watch regular tv? In my opinion, it's going to be a flash in the pan sort of thing.

Sometimes I wonder what sort of cool things we'll have in 25 years. I'm sure I'll be around to find out, but the suspense is killing me. With half a mind on what was offered at this year's show, check out this:

No comments: