Sunday 17 January 2010

Countdown to Paradise!

I'm really starting to get excited now. It's Just over a week before we leave, and I've gotten most of the planning and big stuff out of the way. Now I just need to take my list, and make sure I don't forget anything. You know, stuff like sunglasses (as mine are prescription), Sunblock (I need liquid lead almost), clothes, etc.

I'm just getting over a bit of a stomach bug and a cold, so those are both out of the way, I can look forward to fun in the sun, pretty women, and cold drinks.

As an aside, I've found something that I sincerely agree with. It was a nice fresh point of view on socializing, and seemed to call to me. Normally I would cut and paste in a quote, but the source I found is in a picture format. I've tried to place it in the blog in a readable format.

Please.. read it and comment!



Movie review: The Book of Eli

I was unsure what to think of this going into the show. The previews only gave a taste of what the movie was going to be about. Luckily it was very enjoyable. Without providing any spoilers, let me give tell you what to expect.

The movie has a bit of a religious theme, but in no way is it in your face. Actually, I felt it fit in VERY well at the end of the show. There is some violence, and it is not a show for the entire family to see. I would say limit it to pre-teens. The film has dark moments and bright moments. Lighting is very important to remmber as your are watching. It tells you what to expect.

All in all, a good movie. While I'm not sure I'll be racing out to buy the blu-ray when it comes out, I wouldn't turn up an opportunity to add it to my movies collection. I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic pic/post there, great idea behind it, and I agree with it 100%, although, I'm a sucker, if I were single, I'd probably buy into that chicks game and get her a drink.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! This post brings back lots of mostly unpleasant memories. There used to be a place in Moose Jaw called "Watts on Main", which was the local bar to go to when hunting for a partner. It was very much a stereotypical hook up place. I spent all of my extra cash, oftentimes because I would buy other people drinks, and I never met anyone important to me there. I always went into this bar expecting to have a great time and I was always disappointed. I'm glad this aspect of my life is over!