Monday 17 March 2008

Steadily moving towards the big finish...

Well, after a few weeks of patience, it seems the problems I have had with the project are starting to go away.

The dishwasher is installed and working wonderfully. Much better, in fact, than the old one. I plan on getting rid of the old dishwasher by dropping it off at the steel reclamation centre here in town.

The toilet in the bathroom has been reseated. When we lifted the commode, the wax ring that seals the bottom to the sewer had slipped. It's tough to get them to sit exactly when there is one person who is trying to set the toilet, and the tank is attached.

Lights are all done, power and wiring completely finished. All I have left is the shower stall, and then the door and the bathroom is usable. I plan on putting up the ceiling when I can.

The office will be getting a coat of paint probably this weekend, and the carpet will be going in at the end of the month. Then we can move into it also. Again, the ceiling will get put in at a later date.

Sold my old motorcycle. I really want to get a brand new Suzuki Boulevard c50, but I need to pay some other bills first. And I probably will be going on a vacation to either the Dominican Republic, or Cuba sometime this year. Rob and I have decided that we need a break from work and the rest of life for a week. What better what than to go and be pampered with food and booze at a luxury hotel in the Mediterranean.

Not much else happening in my life at the moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Passionate M said...

Well The vacation sounds good, got any room for a married woman looking for a fun vacation. LOL