Saturday 2 February 2008

Bathroom Surround Up


Whew. The room is spinning... from the glue. The shower surround is up, and the sink mostly done. Just some more plumbing to finish up with the sunk.

We had a bit of a problem with the shower. What you can't see it the hole we cut on the wrong side of a stud for the taps. Luckily, we hadn't cut the surround yet, so it's hidden behind that.

The middle piece is masking taped up to hold it in place while the glue dries overnight.

The sink also needed some modification before it would fit in. The vanity underneath has a cross bar of wood, and the bottom part that is supposed to sit flush to the wall. With the vent/drain pipe two inches out, I had to cut the wood, and then screw it into place. I actually prefer having to do this, as the sink is a bit front heavy, and seems to want to tip over when the doors are open. With the vanity screwed into the studs in the wall behind it, there's no chance of that happening now.

I need to do a bit of electrical work above the shower before we put up th glass. A single box that replaces a wall socket that used to be attached to the wall where the shower is now needs to be put in. I think about twenty minutes, and someone who will hold the flashlight and I should have it done.

The office is on hold for now. It has a ton of stuff that needs to be addressed still, like painting, carpeting, and stuff. I want to finish the bathroom first. I like to have completed projects behind me... not a bunch on the go all the time. This way I can concentrate on one thing and get it done to my satisfaction, rather than half assed.

Next post when the toilet's in!

No comments: