Tuesday 15 January 2008

Mud and Tape


The last time I took pictures, there was just some studs up. Everything was half done. The contractor has finished the framing, roughed in the electrical, and is starting to tape and mud the walls now. Things are starting to look like they will be finished within my lifetime.

Tentative cleanup has started, and I'm trying to decide what colours I'm going to paint the office and bathroom. I'm leaning towards a very light blue,almost gray in the office and eggshell white in the bathroom.

Flooring will be another hard decision. I know I want carpet in the office. Not pile, but a nice berber will probably be the one I go with in the end. The room was very cold before, and I want to get a barrier between me and the cement floor. Bathroom will most likely be linoleum or stickdown tile. I just don't have the money or patience to install real tile, as much as I like it.

Everything is coming together. I will have a completed basement. I can see what the end product will be like. I'm already thinking about how nice it will be to not have to wait until the person in the washroom is done for my turn.