Monday 13 August 2007

YouTube.. or should I say BoobTube?

I've been surfing through YouTube the past week and have yet to find anything that is good.

Of the people who are posting themselves singing, most sound like they need to go and get some more singing lessons. Truly. I am able to tell when someone is half or quarter note off of a pitch, and it can be really painful. Needless to say, I avoid Karaoke like the plague.

Most of the How-To videos are either so far advanced, and too short to be of use, or so incredibly simple, that the three week old yogurt in my fridge could be able to figure out how to do it. And people.. wear proper clothes when you make the videos. Some guy, not wearing a shirt, explaining to me how to do something that I'm sure he thought up in a pipe dream is not a paragon of knowledge.

Oh yeah.. LOOK AT THE DAMN CAMERA! You can check out how you look AFTER you're done recording. It's a known fact that people who are unable to make eye contact are labeled by the sub-conscious as untrustworthy, or subversive.

All of that aside.. content is sorely lacking. Most of the stuff on YouTube is someone whining, preaching, or boasting. I'm sure there are some nuggets of good in there, but I'm sick of sifting through all the dross.

No comments: