Wednesday 20 June 2007

Life slogs on...

Well, blog entries are not coming as fast as I originally made them. This is mostly because I haven't got a lot to say. Normal life, normal guy, nothing special.

There was recently a $40 million dollar lottery winner in Ontario. They had won the lottery a few years ago, and won again. When they were asked what they were going to do with the money, they replied, "Put it in the bank with the rest."

Someone.. please tell me they have had the winnings taken away. Lotteries are the average and poor person's dreams and hope. I know I will NEVER be rich. I'll scrimp and save, and scrape through life with a few luxuries, and be happy for them. But, there's always the chance I could win a lottery and be able to taste what it's like to be rich.

Rich people don't get the same life experience the rest of us do. It's certainly easy to be a philanthropist if you never have to worry about where the next month's car payment, or grocery money is coming from. What happened in Ontario is insulting to the rest of the people who had tickets. If you win, and it's not a big deal, say nothing. If you get a sick pleasure out of sticking in a knife and twisting it about... then I hope you get incurable fleas. In your crotch. Don't dull the stars we have in our eyes. Hope is sometimes all that keeps the average person going.

Okay.. Now that the soapbox is put away, I'm going to go and make lunch for work tomorrow, have a glass of milk, and read a book before I go to bed to take my mind off of the totally normal and unremarkable existence I lead.

No comments: