Monday 21 December 2009

Santa Claus is Coming to Town!


Well, it's time to load the shotgun and board up the fireplace again.. Seems like every year someone tries to do a home invasion on the 24th. I'll be waiting this year.. Wait.. What? Santa? Uhm.. whoops.. Give me a minute to defuse this landmine...

Seriously, I like Christmas. More for the family gathering, and fun times we have. I eat too much food, and try to kill another lobe of my liver off, but it's all great. Younger kids are even more fun to be around at this time of year. I love to get them all wired for sound with sugar and excitement, then send them off to their Mom's and Dad's.  It warms my heart!

For anyone who has younger kids, here's a website you should check out: NORAD Tracks Santa. It's the North American Defense organization that tracks everything that flies over Canada or the United States. Every year, they monitor Santa as he makes his trip.

I'm pretty much done my shopping. I only have three things left to do: One last gift (the hardest to buy!), some groceries and food preparation for Christmas Day, and my most hated task every year: WRAPPING GIFTS.

I'm terrible at it. I've managed to bribe friends, pay others, or just plain avoid it several times in the past, but it looks like this year, I may be out of luck. Not only am I terrible at it, but I get so frustrated that I just want to pile everything up and light it on fire after mucking about for a few hours. I'm thinking about sedating myself this year with about 5-8 ounces of hard alcohol. Either the gifts will get wrapped and all will be well, or I won't care. Either way.. I WIN!

Unless something amazing happens over the next few days, I probably won't be posting until after the holidays, so please:

Have a Happy Holiday Season! 

And please DRIVE RESPONSIBLY.

No comments: