Saturday 30 May 2009

Bit of a break...

Sorry for the long silence.

Some stuff has come up over the past few weeks that has prevented me from really doing an entry. Mostly spring chores and work, but something is happening this weekend that is making me think about some of the decisions I made earlier in life.

I wouldn't say I regretted any of them, but I do wonder what things would be like if I had made different ones. Would I still be here, who I am now? Or would I be someone else, with a totally different outlook? I like to believe that I would be very similar to who I am now.

I guess it's the whole "Nature vs. Nurture" argument again. Without having a time machine to go back and change them all I can do is conjecture and imagine.

Actually, now that I sit back and truly contemplate a specific period in my life, I do regret one decision I made. While I'm sure you would like to hear about it, it was a pretty private moment between myself and a friend. All I will say is this: The regret is that I was too afraid... afraid to kiss her.

Several years ago I examined this decision, and made a promise to myself. I would not hesitate to do something, even if I thought it might hurt in some way. It's best to make a choice and move forward. Life changes, and then goes one, no matter what you have done.

Until the end of my days, I will remember that moment in sharp focus.... and wonder what could have been.

No comments: