Sunday 15 February 2009

System Meltdown

I was wrong. I thought I had the new computer all together and working. Seems the motherboard I got was faulty. It would only boot for a couple minutes, then would die. So after waiting a little over a week for it to come in the first place, I had to box it back up and send it back.

Luckily, my sales rep let me upgrade to a better model of motherboard at the same time. It had been shipped out last week on Tuesday, but UPS (which I think actually stands for Ultimate Parcel Screwups) failed to deliver it by Friday. So... with the long weekend I'll be waiting until at least Tuesday for it be delivered. And THEN I'll probably be at work when they try. In the past they have left parcels sitting on the front step. I live in a pretty good neighborhood, but with the temptation sitting on my front step for several hours....

I can only hope they hold it until Wednesday instead of leaving it, but the way my luck goes it'll walk off on me.

Anyway, I'm using my little laptop to do all my internet work right now. It's slow, and not really up to what I need for the main stuff. But it does the job in a pinch. That being said, I can't wait for my main computer to be back up and running!

No comments: